Top Service News
National Insolvency Report: Monthly Statistics May 2022
National Insolvency figures published (17 June 2022) by the Government’s Insolvency Service have indicated that the number of registered company insolvencies in May 2022 was 1,817:
- 79% higher than in the same month in the previous year (1,014 in May 2021), and
- 34% higher than the number registered three years previously (pre-pandemic; 1,352 in May 2019)
The report also states that in ‘May 2022 there were 1,584 Creditors’ Voluntary Liquidations (CVLs), 70% higher than in May 2021 and 66% higher than May 2019. Numbers for other types of company insolvencies, such as compulsory liquidations, remained lower than before the pandemic, although there were four times as many compulsory liquidations in May 2022 compared to May 2021, and the number of administrations was 95% higher than a year ago.‘
To help protect businesses from insolvency a number of changes were introduced under the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act (Coronavirus) to protect business from creditor action since June 2020.
Most of these measures expired at the end of June and September 2021, except for restrictions on winding up companies, which were extended until 31 March 2022. This remaining insolvency restriction has not be extended further, allowing the insolvency regime to return to its pre-pandemic operation.
What makes Top Service Different?
When mainstream agencies look at credit information they number crunch. They use the last set of accounts and any public record information to produce credit limits and scores. It’s a pretty good way to look at credit information but it can overlook information that a person notices, for instance: What has happened from the time the business filed its last set of accounts to the time the credit check is performed?
Top Service Insider Intelligence is construction-specific information that provides up to date, relevant, reliable information to enable more informed business decisions to be made when accepting an application for trade credit.
As the only credit reference and debt recovery agency specific to the construction industry, we make it our mission to ensure our members receive the most up to date, credit information and company trading experiences. Our insider intelligence can make a real difference between company profit and painful write-offs.
What you need to know about Top Service:
- Our bespoke collection strategies mean that no case is treated the same. Our access to credit information and exclusive trading experiences enables us to change strategy quickly when our incoming intelligence is received, providing excellent results.
- Fast, effective collections. We know that speed is of the essence, so all collections are given top priority. We don’t just go through the motions, our experienced and highly skilled team members are adept at tricky negotiations, dispute resolution, tracing absconded debtors and thinking outside of the box to achieve tangible results.
- Fully compliant. We have been trading for 30 years and we have always taken compliance very seriously. We are authorised by the FCA and Top Service Ltd is a corporate member of the Credit Services Association (CSA). All senior Top Service staff are members of the Chartered Institute of Credit Management and collections professionals are hand-picked and trained to the highest standards.
- We have more than 30 years of experience in collecting commercial and contract debts.
Contact our helpdesk team today on 01527 518800 to discuss how Top Service can support and help you protect your business.